Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mayterm in Germany

This experience has been amazing! I've met so many people, seen so many interesting places, tried so much good food, and had the time of my life.

Our group that traveled has became so close. We have seen each other day and in and day out for 18 days now. I've learned so much about the other people in our group. I'm very glad to have had this experience with such a fun and smart group of people.

Our last day in Germany we too a train to Eisenach, while on our train ride we passed a lot of castles and scenery. The countryside was beautiful as was the whole town of Eisenach. At our hotel we had a perfect view of the Wartburg Castle. There is so much history that comes along with the Wartburg Castle and we stayed there for a complete day. We got a tour of the Castle, we got to experience the architecture and it was very beautiful. The art in the rooms was very surprising and shocking, I could t get over how perfect everything looked. While at the castle we also saw the room where Martin Luther hid as he translated the New Testament. The night at the castle ended by watching the Wartburg choir perform in front of the board of regents as well as other guests.

Our last couple days were relaxing as we spent them hanging out with each other. Our last night in Germany was in Berlin. It was a beautiful last day as the sun was out and shining. I really didn't want to leave, it was so much fun and a wonderful experience in Germany. I can't wait to go back. I also want to say thank you to Professor Bockenstedt and Doctor Pier who made this experience. They planed out our trip and made sure it went according to plan. Although we had ups and downs this trip will have a lasting impact on me. I'm glad to have met all the people I did and to have had the experiences as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment